Source: The leader phrase book – PATRICK ALAIN
- Okay, but which of these tasks do you want me to finish first?
- What about the other three tasks you’ve given me?
- I wish I could help with this but I am tapped out at the moment.
- Is there someone else you could call on? I have so many plates in the air right now!
- If I say yes I’m afraid my work quality will suffer.
- I can’t imagine taking on that much responsibility, sorry.
- I wish I have five heads but I’m only one person, I’m afraid.
- I’m not sure that your request is entirely reasonable, given how hard we are all working.
- Two people used to do that job – can one person really do it alone?
- I’d be happy to, as long as my salary is adjusted to reflect the additional workload.
- Can we look into hiring someone else/an assistant?
- I don’t think it’s right for you to pile all this work on me.
- It may be within your authority to ask me to do that, but I don’t think it’s a smart move.
- That’s not in my pay grade/part of my job description/something I am going to do.
- Maybe you should handle that yourself.
- Do you think you could handle that much work?
- You’ve exceeded your boundaries, and I’d like you to stop.
- I am going to have to object to being treated like a robot/slave.
- This is completely out of bounds and I’m not going to stand for it.
- It’s unfair to ask for something of your employee that you’re not willing to do yourself.
- I’d rather not.
- I am not your slave.
- You’re not the boss of me.
We make a living by what we get (donation)
When you give (money), you are abundance =)